12/16/12

Sitting the sky by

I sat a conversation by
Wouldn't anybody
With a winter's clean sky
Where the rim is as orange as it should be
After so many days bundled
He shook his cumulus coat
to sing me a refrain
An interchange I can't have wrote

He looks so old
wrinkles ringing the dome
His skin tallowing
to a purple close to home
where the sky kisses field
and field blushes sensually
in the floral burst
that still haunts
men of steel
men of velvet
I can see he misses her
He moans to those below
tuning his great eye
To the heartest, wrenching sigh
as I sat the conversation by

have you ever noticed
(and excuse me for my silly
but have you noticed really?)
that the sky does not change
Sure, he bumbles along
Shine to rain
but have you ever thought
that though our presences shift
And change
and our towns grow
and we old and slow
and we scurry here-there
In a footstep maelstrom
He's still here
Even now
as I sit a conversation by

As I walk the next day
he filled the air
to grant me entorage
tenderness pattering my hair.






PS: I'm not sure this last stanza fits. Give thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment