12/26/12

Comeabound exhaustion

That day I took her to the night
And stroked it in a sweeping gesture
What pain had wrought that hapless daze
As I looked upon the lights
Of which, myself became a fixture
In the foggiest of glaze

She turned and asked me what i saw
To which i feared reply
I let myself give in to awe
To steep my feet
Dissolve the beat
Breath pause for asking why.

That day i told her by the muse
stroking it's Tawny mane
Lores forbidden even to dark
Who stooped to hear it said
Of spectral hounds invoking close
Upon ticking, tiny heads

It furthered full in routes divine
It took the senses--and what else is
Yours as well as mine.
Hers as well as ours
And it laid with us sublime, it did

She turned to me with some warrant of love
But i turn my ins back
I looked inside for a tale to ride
I saw an empty sack
A notice of billing on the mantle above

I look this girl
I look this night
I look the fixtures
No more
I sigh

So Says the reminiscent fool
With nothing more to give
If only for one moment could
he play as well as live

No comments:

Post a Comment