10/7/12

If it rained

If it rained
I might see a sudden decomposition
And underswept with the floods
I might flee a grand disposition

Oh if it even sprinkled
those little spritz Stealing through the cracks
might pour into the hesitant mouth
of an ancient creature green and black
I hear him grumble in a dream
For now he only mustles
At the brown cloud of something obscene

If the sky grew dark
On the chance of one deeply nested night
The tears of streetlit grievance
might solve through all the mortar in sight
I'd sail in the suspension
of broken cities
Partially reconstituted

If the winds sang a tempest
If they wrought from the sky
the cares from every careworn god
the screams from every creature flawed
into a most gracious destruction
into a crippling expression
Then let me watch its disintegration

If it rained
I might float in expedition
and underswept with the floods
I might flee a grand disposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment