8/27/14

August 27th

I Whittle errantly in my head:
'August 27'

I am trying to remember the days 
I am trying like the forager
At the end of the age
And calendars meaningless

Into this totem I phrase this form:
The herbs gathered into a pouch
From the walk to see my friends
In the suburbs of hillsboro, Oregon

The pneumonic takes root 
And foliage breaths a new place
New Pressure to the skull
I try to Let those roots be

I look forward
Pressing myself firmly against the glass 
Of my eye

Beyond my gleaning, there here is rosemary
This point stays to me
As if it were the only shard of reality
In the garden
And this at least will grow firm
In the ephemeral forests

I walk now and there is another house with herbs 
I wonder if these people know
What's growing in their own yards

But they do not know rosemary
And I never knew the 27th of august

No comments:

Post a Comment