8/23/13

Wants

I want
As a selfish little fish
Because fish are simple
I want a train
This train can be anything
But I pray the train is black
I want a whole day 
To last through the night
And help us forget the sun
So that when we reach the world
We can start where we begun 
I want 
The streets to bend like 
Bowing strings of a violin
As we hum across them
I want the heights
To begin folding back unto the depths
To where the sky 
Never existed
But you may fear for falling off the earth
I want the glint of streetlamps 
That spatters in the streetdamp
To look exactly like the stars
Or maybe the stars to look like it
I want the roads
All roads
To lead to more roads
To lead to and away 
From everything
But all the while we are here
Homed holed inside this moment
And the biggest sound of rain
I want this all
 more than I want a name

No comments:

Post a Comment