9/12/13

Backpack

Why do I always wear a backpack 
When I walk out the door
Is it distraction?
Am I any more than 
word's refraction
And this load no more
Than added weight
No more than back contraction?

One day as now
My backpack squishes me
I bow gratefully
As jelly surrounds my field of vision
Turning sight in to its bare
Intuition

Why does my back pack carry nothing
But butts of parchment
I never intend to read
Smelling sootier indeed
Becoming fags 
As they roll themselves
Into disintegration

This now as a day
My backpack covers me
As best it can 
Upturned I nest
The weight transforms
It bursts in wet
An I am filled by a wait
Under neath a walkside tree

Where is the weight 
That I meant myself remain
Like the witerature
Of impossible grasp
Like the spur
Of beautiful, impossible tasks
I shift On stooping stalks
Of Maybe wealth
Of Maybe pain
Of Maybe a chance 
That this next look 
Might not yield the same 

I wear my shoes and clothes on too
For insides, prides
And cleverancy's slew
Of delegated missives
Buzzing my brain in hive
It's living slain behind 
A throw of weight 
And bad pressure mind

No comments:

Post a Comment