8/2/12

My hummingbird

I've been buzzed by a few birds that hum,
but none flew like this one.
See the concentrate fanaticlast
riding sidewind
Flitting fit for an upper-caste.
Yet a bat I am.
A black soarer
Night horror
Terror of the samarkand
She holds me in wisdom
Pulls me tight within.
Lips full of quips
like heirloom ships.
And while the day grows dim
She rips away worry
Sailing like fury
Peacefully playing a hymn
Look at the state she's got me in.

________________________________________


The hummingbird, from a distance, appears as one
of the most graceful and mysterious beings of the
world. As one looks closer, they see wings beating
like madness incarnate. She flies in any direction
she wishes, evading worries of most birds with
darting alacrity. Up close, her gentle flight sounds
more like the roar of a wild animal.
A potent talker,
A graceful walker,
with seemingly magical deviance to boot
This is why I attribute such a creature to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment