5/2/12

Personal Demons


Forms of placid alarming white
fingers long and thin
hunched backs for dodging and reeling
blood spatters their maniacal grin

As swift as a shadow
and as sharp as a knife
Demons of fear
ready to take a life

When the last chime is heard
and lightening flashes
a message scratched on the wall
leaving blood red gashes

Without reading, it means
Something of ill disposition
"We are everywhere" they say
Tormenting me in my superstition

My personal demons
My unwelcome entourage
Keeping me awake
in subtle espionage




 I wrote this because last night I had an image come up in my dream. It happened in an instant, and I couldn't fall back to sleep. I had this overwhelming sensation that these things that I saw were still there. Not in the room or even in reality, but in my dreams--In the darkest recessess of my mind lies a fearful aspect that I don't know what to do with--I eventually had to imagine people were there with me so that I could fall asleep.
This is the first dream I have remembered since I was nine. I wish I hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment